No update on my physical classroom GTD except to say that the piles are becoming more organised! It doesn’t really look like it though. I’ll be brave and post a photo next week, honest!
With regard to Evernote I’ve started to get into a routine of checking for untagged notes while in the desktop app and am still keeping on top of that. I added 32 notes in the past seven days but have around 80 PDF files from my scanning to import and tag (perhaps I’ll do that this weekend!).
I wanted to focus on my “Secret Weapon” structure tonight. I’ve been working through the notes tagged with “now” starting with the oldest first. Most of the time I was able to merge or archive the notes to my “Completed” notebook so I now have a fairly realistic list of 16 tasks to attend to. I also tagged my new tasks in a realistic way this week, hardly ever adding them to the “now” list, instead preferring to queue them up in my “next” list (there are 47 items lurking there, but I suspect many will have already been actioned).
One of my biggest departmental tasks at the moment is the development of the new Higher Computing Science course and associated notes. I’m finding Evernote very useful for this as I can quickly find tagged resources, links and – increasingly – my own work which I’ve scanned to PDF and imported.
My only wish is that we could have the desktop version of Evernote as the web version is VERY slow to search by tag.